Transport in Doha
Doha BusIn Doha, the company Mowasalat offers 56 bus lines connecting the whole city and also the International Airport. To travel by bus in Qatar is quiet cheap, usually every trip can cost 3 or 7 Riyals, which is cheaper than taking a taxi. To buy Karwa Smart cards go to Mowasalat’s main bus station located in Old Ghanim, but you will also find them in many small grocieries. These local buses also arrive to the Industrial Area of Doha. Some of the most common bus routes:
- Route 777: HIA – West Bay – the Pearl – Zigzag via Corniche. It operates from 5h to 00:00h every 20 minutes. The Karwa Smartcard for this route costs 5 QAR.
- Route 109: Al Ghanim Bus Station – HIA – Barwa Village – Al Wakra – Mesaieed: operating from 4h until 23h every 30 minutes. The Karwa Smartcard for this route costs 2,5 QAR.
- Route 747: HIA – Souq Waqif – Al Ghanim bus station – Old Salata Area via Al Matar street: operating from 4h to 00:00h every 20 minutes. The Karwa Smartcard for this route costs 3 QAR.
- Route 737: HIA – Karwa City Bus stations. Operating from 4h to 00:00h every 20 minutes. The Karwa Smartcard for this route costs 3 QAR.
- Route 727: HIA- Al Khor. Operating from 4h to 23:50h hourly. The Karwa Smartcard for this route costs 2,5 QAR.
Mowasalat call centre: (+974) 4458 8974/ 8650
Taxis in DohaYou can take a taxi to Doha from almost everywhere in Qatar. Usually, it is recommended to stop the taxi and negotiate a price before starting the trip. You can ask the locals for the usual prices. These are some of the most common prices and destinations. A taxi ride from the Dooha city centre to the Doha International Airport might cost around 30 and 40 Qatari Riyals.
You can also find easily an Uber or other local similar options.